American Eagle Silver Dollar Collection
American Silver Eagle Key Dates
Key-date American Eagle silver dollars are the scarcer dates that are usually more difficult to find. These 99.9% silver coins are needed by every collector hoping to build a complete date and mint mark collection. Some of the most popular regular-issue and Proof American Eagle key dates are listed below:
While this year is technically not a "key-date," the 1986 Uncirculated and Proof versions of the Silver American Eagle are the first issues of this wildly popular series.
This 1994 issue with a mintage of 4,227,319 marked the first time the production of Uncirculated Silver American Eagles dropped below 5 million.
This 1994 Philadelphia Proof issue is the lowest mintage Proof of the series, with the exception of special edition and reverse proof coins.
Uncirculated Silver American Eagles from 1996 are the series' key date, with a mintage of 3.6 million. This is the lowest regular-issue coin in the series.
- Learn About Coins
- Coin & Currency History U.S. Coins By Type Coin Glossaries Grading Guides
- How to Get Started
- Welcome How to Collect For Beginners Top Questions
- Build a Collection
- Collecting Guides Collector Checklists Release Schedules
- Protect & Display
- Caring For Your Collection Coin Holder Guide Littleton Albums and Folders
- Read News & Articles
- Online Library Coin Collecting Resources Littleton Coin Press Room