About Littleton Coin Company
Serving Collectors Since 1945
Maynard Sundman founded the Littleton Coin Company on the time-honored values of courtesy, trust and quality collectibles. With an honorable U.S. Army discharge for his World War II service, he returned to New England and in December of 1945 launched a revolutionary advertising campaign in consumer publications. Orders arrived from all over the country to the modest one-room office in downtown Littleton, NH. In the decades that followed, the company outgrew its ever-larger locations. It now occupies a substantial country campus in the foothills of the White Mountains.
At Littleton Coin, we strive to make collecting as easy as possible and believe collectors deserve the best. Our strict standards ensure that when you get a coin or bank note from us, it meets the grade or exceeds it. Our expert graders look at approximately five million coins and bank notes a year, painstakingly inspecting each by hand. We reject nearly 50% of all incoming inventory. Plus, each purchase is backed by our 45-Day Guarantee of Satisfaction, so you can be confident in your decision to collect from Littleton.
Whether you prefer to order by mail, phone, or online, we’re here for you! Looking for a rare coin? We will do our best to help you find it. Want to collect using our convenient on-approval service? Interested to learn about a hobby that has attracted collectors for centuries? Let Littleton Coin help you achieve your goals.
Today, Littleton Coin is an employee-owned business – built by collectors, for collectors. Yet, the core values established in 1945 still hold true. We’re proud of the level of trust our customers have put in us, and we in them. We offer outstanding service and access to quality coins, bank notes and a wide selection collector supplies. Our dedicated staff is committed to bringing you the excitement of this fascinating pastime, while making the pursuit fun and easy.
Learn more about Littleton’s humble beginnings in this short video featuring our beloved founder, Maynard Sundman:
Meet our Leadership Team. Their diverse experiences allow Littleton Coin to combine its deep numismatic knowledge with state-of-the-art internal protocols to provide collectors and customers, alike, with quality service.
In the News
- October 9
- Caledonian Record
- Littleton Coin Company Announces 2022 Scholarship Winners
- June 14
- New Hampshire Businessman Testifies to Senate Finance Committee about out-of-state tax collection
- September 2
- Collectors Converge on Chicago ANA 2019 World’s Fair of Money
- December 26
- What does the future of money look like? Papers Accepted for ANA Sundman Lecture Series
- October 11
- Littleton Coin Company in New Smithsonian Virtual Exhibit
- August 25
- WMUR-ABC: NH Chronicle
- Heads or Tails: Money Makes Their World ‘Go-Round’ at the Littleton Coin Company
- September 13
- WMUR-ABC: NH Chronicle
- WMUR NH Chronicle visits Littleton Coin Company – interviews David and Maynard Sundman
For more, please visit our Press Room.
Certifications and Awards
- CoinWorld magazine honors David M. Sundman as One of Numismatics' Most Influential People (1960-2020)
- American Numismatic Association (ANA) selects David M. Sundman to receive the Harry J. Forman Dealer of the Year Award that recognizes a professional numismatist who shows uncommon dedication to strengthening the hobby and the ANA, and who displays exemplary ethical standards as a numismatic dealer.
- Maynard M. Sundman is posthumously inducted into the American Philatelic Society’s Hall of Fame, 2015-2019.
- David Sundman receives the Raymond S. Burton Business Leader of the Year Award from the Littleton Area Chamber of Commerce for his dedication and economic contribution to Littleton.