Littleton Coin Company celebrates the opening of a 20,000-square-foot addition to its building on Mt. Eustis Road . Present are (L-R) directors Jackie Fulford, Jerry Beck ; company officers Mike Morelli, Ed Hennessey and Jeff Marsh, and directors David Wilson, Milton Bratz and Peggy Hughes, as president David Sundman (center) prepares to cut a ribbon made entirely of paper money from around the world. Project coordinator Stan Fillion is missing from the photo. Photo by: Stephanie Westover/Littleton Coin Company
Coin Company Celebrates 60th Year
with Opening of New Addition
LITTLETON With a flourish of scissors, Littleton Coin Company president David Sundman snipped a paper ribbon (made fittingly of authentic paper money from around the world), and officially launched operations in his company’s new 20,000-square-foot addition. Surrounded by company officers, Sundman formally initiated production in the expanded space at the Coin Company’s Mt. Eustis Road headquarters. “The company’s continued growth and success are thanks to the excellent staff we have now, and to all those who’ve been a vital part of the company in the past. This latest expansion is a testament to their outstanding work as an organization,” remarked company president David Sundman.
Designed to meet an increased need for storage and operational space, the expansion project was initiated in July 2005. “Our building was originally constructed knowing we’d most likely need to add space at some point. The company’s continued growth made it clear about a year ago that it was time to act,” stated company controller and project coordinator Stan Fillion. From initial planning to completion, the total project took about 9-10 months and enlarged the building to 85,000 square feet. Local contractor Daniel Hebert of Daniel Hebert, Inc. in Colebrook, New Hampshire completed the work in December 2005. Directors David Wilson, Jackie Fulford and Peggy Hughes then began the formidable task of moving operations into the newly expanded area. The Order Fulfillment, Inventory and Assembly departments now utilize the additional space.
The addition was completed nearly to the day of the 60th anniversary of Littleton Coin Company, which was founded on December 3, 1945. The expansion was fitting for the company, which has enjoyed 60 consecutive
years of growth.
Based in Littleton, New Hampshire, Littleton Coin Company was founded by Maynard Sundman in 1945 and has set the bar for industry standards for more than 60 years. As one of the largest buyers and sellers of coins and paper money in the world, Littleton is renowned for providing friendly, reliable and expert service to collectors around the globe. It employs approximately 330 local residents and is currently led by President David Sundman. To learn more about Littleton Coin Company, visit the company’s website at LittletonCoin.com.