Recall the famous Civil War battle that changed the course of U.S. history over 155 years ago with this set of seven Pennsylvania National Park quarters exclusively colorized by Littleton’s artists! It honors important touchstones from the three-day campaign waged across some 17 square miles of farm fields, boulders and ridge lines:
- Gettysburg National Park Quarter – The original reverse featuring the monument honors the 72nd Pennsylvania Infantry that held the Union line on Cemetery Ridge is colorized for 1863.
Gettysburg National Park quarter obverses have been colorized with:
- Battle of Gettysburg – Bloodiest campaign in the war, it lasted from July 1-3, 1863.
- Robert Edward Lee – Confederate Army of Northern Virginia general who earned a reputation as a skilled tactician.
- Gettysburg National Cemetery – Considered hallowed ground, it is the final resting place for over 3,500 Union and Confederate soldiers.
- Gettysburg Address – Opening words delivered by President Abraham Lincoln November 19, 1863 at the cemetery.
- George Gordon Meade – Union Army of the Potomac general who decisively defeated Lee.
- Battle of Gettysburg – Pickett’s Charge was the Confederate’s last assault that saw 12,000 troops retreat, ending the battle.
These 7 colorized quarters are encapsulated and come in a handsome presentation box with a certificate of authenticity. Add this exciting tribute to the Battle of Gettysburg to your collection today!