The 250th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party is honored with this Challenge Coin, available exclusively from Littleton.
- Memorable coin tells the story of what took place on December 16, 1773
- Colonists disguised themselves and boarded three ships carrying goods from Great Britain
- Enraged by the taxation without representation the king was placing on the colonies, the colonists hurled 342 tea chests into the Boston Harbor as an act of rebellion
- Obverse depicts British tea chests floating in the ocean with the words boston tea party and december 16, 1773
- Reverse shows ships in the Boston Harbor with tea chests floating amongst them
- A quote from John Adams praising the patriots who rebelled against the Motherland surrounds the designs
This makes a great gift for any history buff or a patriotic addition to your own collection!