Inspiring message and meaningful symbols on Fallen Heroes of New York medal pay tribute to those who lost their lives September 11, 2001.
- Bronze medallion is miniature version of Congressional Gold Medal honoring the men and women who perished in the terrorist attacks in the financial district
- Gold medal given to National September 11th Memorial and Museum for permanent display in 2014
- Bronze medallion's diameter measures 1.5 inches
- Obverse features abstract representation of the two World Trade Center towers, its downward lines symbolizing loss while the upward lines represent hope and deliverance
- Digits 93, 77, 175, and 11 represent the flight numbers of the four planes involved in the tragic event and are positioned as if on a clock, representing the times of impact
- The words "Always Remember" are set on a stone wall similar to that which bears the names of the victims at the memorial
- Designed by Artistic Infusion Program artist Joel Iskowitz and executed by U. S. Mint Sculptor–Engraver Jim Licaretz
- Reverse features a single rose to represent the white rose placed at the name of each victim on his or her birthday
- At left, a bald eagle stands sentinel, holding laurel branches that signify an eternal honoring of those who perished in the tragedy
- Designed and executed by U. S. Mint Sculptor–Engraver Phebe Hemphill
- The inscription reads:we honor the thousands of innocent people from more than 90 countries lost at the world trade center in the attacks that shook the world on september 11, 2001. may their memory inspire an end to intolerance.
A powerful reminder with an inspirational message, place your order today for this affordable bronze medallion honoring the Fallen Heroes of New York.