Issued by the Jamul Nation, this exciting 2021 Uncirculated set commemorates the Native Fox Tribes. Originally from the western Great Lakes region, these fierce tribes are known for their series of battles against the French in the mid 1700s. The common reverse features a skull design, honoring the tribes' extensive ritual to honor their dead. Each obverse is marked with iconic images uniquely associated with Fox daily life:
- 1¢ Squash – an important crop for the Fox people
- 5¢ Signature – depicts Meskwaki’s signature on the Great Peace of Montreal
- 10¢ Home – a dwelling made out of Elm bark
- 25¢ Buffalo – primary source of food and pelts for clothing
- 50¢ Tribes members – shows Sauk and Fox tribes members, who were closely aligned
- $1 Warrior – Kish-ke-kosh, a fierce and imposing Fox brave
The Jamul Tribe, is officially recognized as a sovereign nation by the U.S. government and is legally authorized to issue its own commemorative coins. Limited in mintage to 25,000, this set comes in an illustrated display card with a certificate of authenticity. Order today!