Get this 2020 set in the popular Native American series, honoring the Mohegan Nation. Located in the upper Thames valley of Connecticut, the Mohegan economy was based around hunting, fishing and the cultivation of corn. The common reverse features a wolf's paw print, while each obverse displays an image uniquely associated with Mohegan daily life:
- 1¢ Basket – a "Porcupine Twist" Thistle weave basket made around the 1880s
- 5¢ Vegetables – Artichokes and squash were two frequently planted vegetables
- 10¢ Deer – deer were a major source of food for the Mohegan
- 25¢ Corn – another important crop for the Mohegan Tribe
- 50¢ Granny Squinnat – an important figure in Mohegan lore
- $1 Chief Uncas – key 17th century leader
Recognized as a sovereign nation by the U.S. government, the Jamul Nation is legally authorized to issue its own commemorative coins, including this 6-coin set honoring the Mohegan Tribe. Limited in mintage to 25,000, the set comes in an illustrated display card with a certificate of authenticity. Order today!