Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first men on the moon with this partially colorized 2019 Proof!
- Silver-plated copper half dollar recalls the moon landing of NASA astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin in their lunar module on July 20, 1969
- Hundreds of millions of people worldwide watched breathlessly on television as Armstrong uttered these historic words: "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The has landed."
- Legal tender for the Solomon Islands
- Reverse features the 50th anniversary dates 1969-2019 and depicts the Parkes Observatory telescope in Australia and the satellite that broadcast the first steps on the moon to over 600 million people worldwide
- Obverse features Queen Elizabeth II
- Limited in mintage to just 19,069 pieces (honoring the 1969 moon landing)
- Includes certificate of authenticity
Honor one of the greatest achievements in human history with this historic 50th anniversary half dollar Proof!