This U.S. commemorative clad half dollar honors the centennial of the American Legion – founded in Paris, France in 1919 by U.S. soldiers occupying Europe after WWI and chartered by the U.S. Congress the same year.
- The four pillars of the American Legion are Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation, National Security, Americanism, Children and Youth
- Struck in limited quantities to the highest Proof standards at the San Francisco Mint
- The obverse features two children reciting the Pledge of Allegiance with the young girl wearing a vintage American Legion cap
- The reverse completes the first line of the Pledge and depicts the American flag and emblem of the American Legion
- The one-year-only Proof half dollar comes in official U.S. Mint packaging with a certificate of authenticity
Add this coinage tribute to our nation's largest veterans organization to your collection today!