Recall San Francisco's Old Mint and the role it played in helping the city survive the earthquake and fire of 1906. For the 100th anniversary of the great earthquake in 2006, the venerable "Old Mint" was honored with a limited number of $5 gold commemorative coins.
- Lustrous 90% gold "S" Mint Proof
- Obverse depicts the "Granite Lady"
- Reverse replicates the beautiful Gobrecht design of the 1906 half eagle
- Presented in U.S. Mint display case
- Choice Proof PR-63 condition
With just 100,000 pieces struck and a rapid sell-out at the San Francisco Mint, our supplies are limited. Order this historic 2006-S issue today!