1862-1863 5¢ Fractional Note


Select a Grade: Very Good-Fine

Customer Reviews

Due to widespread hoarding of coins during the Civil War era, Congress authorized the printing of Fractional Currency Notes with values of less than a dollar. These 5¢ notes are from the first issue of Fractional Currency, and are often referred to as “postage” currency because of an image of a contemporary 5¢ postage stamp with the bust of Thomas Jefferson. Of all the notes issued, more than 99% have been redeemed and destroyed, leaving less than 1% for today’s collectors. Highlight your collection today with this Civil War-Era Note!