Get the prestigious San Francisco "S" mint mark Proof issue of the 2023 U.S. Women Quarters quarter celebrating pioneer female pilot Bessie Coleman!
- First issue of 2023 and sixth in series
- Coin's reverse honors first African-American woman pilot
- Coleman learned French and traveled to Paris to learn how to fly when U.S. training programs refused to admit her
- Inscription includes date Coleman received her international pilot's license
- Performed her first U.S. airshow in 1922, and became known for her barrel rolls, spins and wing walking
- Designed by Chris Costello of the U.S. Mint's Artistic Infusion Program and sculpted by Medallic Artist Eric David Custer
- Obverse depicts George Washington as originally designed and sculpted by Laura Gardin Fraser to commemorate his 200th birthday for a 1932 quarter
Add a limited-issue San Francisco Mint Proof 2023-S U.S. Women Quarters quarter that pays tribute to African-American pilot Bessie Coleman to your collection!