Get this 2023 Uncirculated six-coin set honoring the Potawatomi Nation. Known as the Keepers of the Fire, the Potawatomi seal depicted on the common reverse shows seven logs for seven tribes. Each obverse depicts a detail from the tribe's heritage and history:
- 1¢ – Hand mirror whose back features a turtle carved into the wood
- 5¢ – Carved wooden doll, circa 1800-1860
- 10¢ – Tribal member holds broken spear to symbolize peace with European settlers
- 25¢ – 1920 rain dance performed to keep the harvest safe
- 50¢ – Scene when then-captain Abraham Lincoln spared the life of a tribal member during the Black Hawk War
- $1 – Chief Shabbona, a peacemaker who worked for peaceful relations between the Potawatomi and European settlers
The Jamul Nation is officially recognized as a sovereign nation by the U.S. government and is legally authorized to issue its own commemorative coins, including this handsome set. It comes in an illustrated display card and is a great addition for collectors of this exciting series!