Complement the Innovation $1 coins from the U.S. Mint with these exclusive colorized $1 Federal Reserve Notes from Littleton! The notes feature full-color images by Littleton’s artists that showcase the major innovations recognized on the 2019 Innovation dollar coins.
- Delaware – Classifying the Stars: depicts astronomer Annie Jump Cannon and her system of classifying the stars by temperatures and spectral types universally adopted in 1922 and still in use today.
- Pennsylvania – the Polio Vaccine: honors the discovery of the polio vaccine by Dr. Jonas Salk in 1952, and bears a portrait of Salk to the left and image of Salk and a nurse giving a child the vaccine to the right.
- Georgia – Trustees’ Garden: depicts James Oglethorpe, founder of the Georgia Colony, who created the Trustees’ Garden in Savannah in the early 1730s to test and develop such major American crops as cotton and peaches.
- New Jersey – Light Bulb: features Thomas Edison, “America’s Greatest Inventor,” with his 1879 invention of the incandescent light bulb.
Each colorized note comes in a custom holder containing information about the innovator or innovation and includes a certificate of authenticity. Order all 4 notes and SAVE for a limited time!
- Product Type: Sets
- Presentation: With Holder, Colorized
- Note Size: Small
- Denomination: $1
- Novelty Series: U.S. Innovation Notes