This 2020 Uncirculated six-coin set in the Jamul Nation’s Native American series honors the Shoshone Tribe. Called the Snake Indians by some neighboring tribes, the Shoshone once occupied a large swath of land from southeastern California north through Nevada, Utah, into southern Idaho and western Wyoming.
The common reverse design features a snake. Each obverse shows detailed images uniquely associated with the Shoshone daily life:
- 1¢ – traditional moccasins, circa 1900
- 5¢ – Rocky Mountain sheep symbolizing the Shoshone’s rugged homeland
- 10¢ – moose, native to the region
- 25¢ – a tribesman on horseback fording a river
- 50¢ – a council of tribal leaders
- $1 – Shoshone warrior
The Jamul Nation is officially recognized as a sovereign nation by the U.S. government and is legally authorized to issue its own commemorative coins, including this handsome set honoring the Shoshone. It comes in a colorfully illustrated display card and with a certificate of authenticity. Affordably priced – and with a mintage limited to 25,000 – this offer is expected to go quickly. Order now.
- Product Type: Sets
- Year: 2020
- Presentation: With Holder