This U.S. commemorative $5 Gold honors the centennial of the American Legion – founded in Paris, France in 1919 by U.S. soldiers occupying Europe after WWI and chartered by the U.S. Congress the same year.
- The four pillars of the American Legion are Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation, National Security, Americanism, Children and Youth
- Struck in limited quantities to the highest Proof standards at the West Point Mint in 90% pure gold
- The obverse features the Eiffel Tower with a "V" for victory
- The emblem of the American Legion is shown on the reverse, along with a soaring eagle.
- The one-year-only Proof $5 gold comes in official U.S. Mint packaging with a certificate of authenticity
Add this coinage tribute to our nation's largest veterans organization to your collection today!
- Year: 2019
- Commemorative Series: American Legion 100th Anniversary (2019)
- Material: Gold
- Mint: West Point
- Presentation: With Holder
- Product Type: Single Products