Will ship March 15, 2019.
Enhance your collection with this detailed 6-note tribute to our nation’s native past! Each note is printed on polymer, which is more durable than traditional paper. Plus, these handsome pieces feature rich colors, individual serial numbers and a clear window – a unique feature of polymer notes that protects against counterfeiting. All six designs honor an important Native American on the face, with a tribe-associated animal on the back:
- $1 Red Cloud (Oglala Lakota) – famed 19th-century leader – with Colonial Spanish Mustang
- $2 Geronimo (Apache) – led hundreds off the reservation to defend their lands – with Black Bear
- $5 Chief Running Antelope (Hunkpapa) – advisor to Sitting Bull during the Plains Indian Wars – with American Pronghorn
- $10 Chief Joseph (Nez Perce) – led his people in an effort to escape to Canada, following resistance to white settlement on tribal lands – with Appaloosa Horse
- $20 Sequoyah (Cherokee) – a silversmith who made symbols to create a written Cherokee language – with Eastern Screech Owl
- $50 Sitting Bull (Sioux) – best known for his defeat of General Custer at the battle of Little Big Horn – with American Bison
These Uncirculated notes are produced by the Jamul Tribe – recognized as a sovereign nation by the U.S. government and legally authorized to issue its own commemorative currency. All 6 come presented together in a custom envelope. Act now to add these limited edition notes to your collection!
- Year: 2019
- Product Type: Sets