Own the historic 90% silver commemorative half dollar honoring famed black educator Booker T. Washington!
- Born into slavery in 1856
- Washington was freed following the Civil War
- Raised himself from poverty to become an educator, author, and key contributor to African American advancement
- Founded Alabama's Tuskegee University in 1881, and served as its first president until 1915
- 90% silver half dollar issued in limited quantities from 1946-1951
- Obverse depicts Washington's portrait
- Reverse features New York's Hall of Fame for Great Americans (where he is honored) and the inscription from slave cabin to hall of fame. Washington's log cabin birthplace is below.
Order today to own this historic silver commemorative, handsomely displayed in Littleton's informative Showpak®.
- Material: Silver
- Product Type: Single Products
- Commemorative Series: Booker T. Washington Memorial (1946-1951)