As the British fleet shelled Fort McHenry during a September night in 1814, Francis Scott Key, held on a British ship with two other Americans, was inspired to write the verse that became our national anthem when the large American flag still flew over the fort at dawn. Now recall the origins of "The Star-Spangled Banner" during the War of 1812 with this beautiful 2012 silver dollar Proof.
- Obverse depicts Liberty waving the 15-star, 15-stripe American flag with Fort McHenry in the background.
- Reverse features a waving modern American flag.
- Struck in precious 90% silver
- One-year-only Proof features mirrorlike surfaces with frosted designs
- Presented in official U.S. Mint case
This patriotic commemorative Proof is perfect for giving or accenting any silver dollar collection.
- Material: Silver
- Product Type: Single Products
- Commemorative Series: Star-Spangled Banner (2012)
- Year: 2012
- Mint: Philadelphia