Here's a classic 1922-S Peace silver dollar for your collection – the first struck by the prestigious San Francisco Mint!
- The 90% silver Peace dollar is the only U.S. silver dollar struck to commemorate peace
- Second year of issue for the series
- 1922 was also the first year Peace dollars were struck in low relief
- Initially minted in high relief, the design was modified in 1922 due to striking problems
- Obverse of this 1922 silver dollar depicts Liberty in a tiara of light, framed by the mottoes liberty and in god we trvst. ("Trust" is spelled in classic style, with V in place of U.)
- Reverse bears the inscription peace and an eagle with an olive branch, perched on a rock above a rising unseen sun
Act now to own this first-ever S-Mint 1922 Peace silver dollar!
- Mint: San Francisco
- Product Type: Single Products
- Year: 1922