English history comes alive with this dramatic new Proof set from the British Royal Mint. Struck especially for collectors, these low-mintage Proofs feature beautiful mirrorlike fields and frosted designs. You’ll get 12 stunning 2005 coins, including:
- £5 – recalls 1805 Battle of Trafalgar, where Lord Nelson destroyed French & Spanish fleets, ending France as a maritime threat.
- £5 – shows Admiral Horatio Nelson, who was fatally wounded at Trafalgar. He remains a British hero 200 years after his death.
- £2 – commemorates the foiling of the 17th-century Gunpowder Plot to blow up the Houses of Parliament and assassinate King James I.
- £1 – features the Menai Bridge in Wales. When built in 1826, it was the world’s largest suspension bridge.
- 50p – celebrates the 250th anniversary of the publication of England’s first dictionary, compiled by Samuel Johnson.
- The other 7 coins, ranging from a Penny to £2, feature icons such as the lion on the crest of England and the crowned thistle, part of the Scottish emblem.
Accompanied by a booklet with certificate of authenticity, these distinctive Proofs come in a handsome presentation case – making this set an ideal gift for your favorite UK fan or yourself. With only 30,000 minted, order yours today!
- Product Type: Sets
- Countries: Great Britain
- Year: 2005