Add the fourth 2008 Statehood quarter issue to your collection! This coin honors Alaska as our 49th state, joining the Union on January 3, 1959.
- From final year of quarters honoring the 50 states
- 2008 Alaska quarter honors our 49th state
- Depicts a grizzly bear with a salmon in its jaw
- Alaska comes from an Aleutian word meaning "The Great Land" – which is inscribed on the coin
- Bearing "S" mint mark and struck at the San Francisco Mint
Don't miss this exciting design honoring Alaska, which was purchased from Russia in 1867 for $7.2 million – a mere 2¢ per acre! The dates of both mintage (2008) and statehood (1959) are found on the reverse. Highlight your collection with this beautiful, top-quality Proof version, order your Alaska quarter today!
- Mint: San Francisco
- Product Type: Single Products
- State: Alaska
- Year: 2008
- Material: Clad