Our 45-Day Money Back Guarantee makes ordering risk free!
A.D. 364-378 Valens Bronze Reduced Follis
Valens Reduced Follis
Grade:Very Fine Plus (SKU: A329V)
Valens was named co-emperor by his older brother Valentinian I, and placed in control of the eastern portion of the empire. Though Valens was successful in many major battles, he was defeated and killed in A.D. 378 by the Visigoths, during the battle of Adrianople.
- Hand struck more than 1,600 years ago
- Each bronze coin bears the portrait of Valens on the obverse
- Recalls one of Rome's worst defeats, marking the beginning of the end for the empire
Far older than any U.S. coin, this ancient Roman bronze follis deserves a place in your collection.
- Material: Bronze
- Product Type: Single Products
- Rulers: Valens (A.D. 364 - 378)