From mid-1942 through 1945, the U.S. Mint struck 5¢ coins in a 35% silver composition to save nickel for the war effort during WWII. The “silver nickels,” featuring large mint marks above Monticello on the reverse, are now collector favorites!
- Historic coins minted only from 1942-1945
- Only 5¢ coins ever struck with silver
- First U.S. coins with “P” mint marks
- Complete set in holder contains every P, D & S silver nickel of 1942-1945
- All 11 coins in Uncirculated condition!
With the nickel now featuring a new design, collector demand for traditional Jefferson nickels is on the rise. Get this complete Uncirculated set of historic wartime nickels in a Capital Holder today!
- Product Type: Sets
- Presentation: With Holder
- Year: Mixed Years
- Mint Mark: Philadelphia, Denver, San Francisco