The Battle of Alamance in North Carolina signaled the coming War for American Independence, and is dramatically shown on this 2021 dollar issued in 1 oz. of 99.9% fine silver by the Mesa Grande Sovereign Nation.
- Battle pitted Piedmont farmers against royal governor over regulation of the colony's coffers
- Farmers protested excessive taxes, dishonest sheriffs and illegal fees
- Showdown occurred May 16, 1771 in Alamance, with the governor's militia putting down the rebellion but not stemming growing tensions between loyalists and patriots
- Obverse depicts farmers gathered, rifles raised
- Reverse shows meeting at the Liberty Tree
- Comes encapsulated, with a certificate of authenticity
- Mintage limited to 1,000
Add this stunning coin to your silver collection!
- Year: 2021
- Presentation: With Holder
- Product Type: Single Products
- Material: Silver