Honoring the 225th anniversary of the U.S. Mint, this exclusive set of colorized, domed Kennedy half dollars depicts all 8 current and former U.S. Mints:
- Philadelphia 1792-date: first and main mint – established when Philadelphia was the federal seat of government.
- Charlotte 1838-1861: opened following America’s first gold rush in North Carolina and issued only gold coins.
- Dahlonega 1838-1861: established following the Georgia gold rush in 1829 and also produced only gold coins.
- New Orleans 1838-1909: this Gulf Coast mint struck gold and silver coins for the expanding southern population.
- San Francisco 1854-date: this prestigious ongoing facility opened in 1854 after the California gold rush.
- Carson City 1870-1893: a short-lived facility created to strike coins from ore of the nearby Comstock Lode.
- Denver 1906-date: an ongoing branch mint that opened in 1906 to produce coins from Colorado gold and silver.
- West Point 1974-date: this newest mint facility produces gold and silver U.S. bullion coins and commemoratives.
Each coin comes with a 4 1/4" x 2 3/4" illustrated card with the history of the featured mint, and the set comes in a handsome box. Order today!
- Presentation: Colorized
- Product Type: Sets