This 1925 half dollar silver commemorative coin was issued to raise funds for a monument to the Confederacy on Stone Mountain in northern Georgia.
- Struck in 90% silver
- Obverse honors two legendary Civil War leaders
- General Robert E. Lee (right) is remembered for his role as commander in chief of Confederate forces
- General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson (left) was considered by many to be the Confederacy's most brilliant strategist
- Sculptor and Idaho native Gutzon Borglum also designed the reverse depicting an eagle perched on a mountain crag
- Reverse includes 35 faint stars scattered across the field and the inscription: memorial to the valor of the soldier of the south
Order now and add one of these silver half dollars to your collection!
- Material: Silver
- Product Type: Single Products
- Commemorative Series: Stone Mountain Memorial (1925)
- Year: 1925
- Mint: Philadelphia