Get the last of four 2011 Presidential dollars, which honors 20th president James Garfield (1881). Following his "dark horse" nomination to the Republican ticket in 1880, James Garfield won the election by just 10,000 popular votes. During his short time in office, he worked to name the controlling authority of the Port of New York, emerging victoriously against Senator Roscoe Conkling. After just six months in office, Garfield was fatally shot.
- Struck at the San Francisco Mint and bearing "S" mint mark on coin's edge along with date (2011) and e pluribus unum
- Choice Proof minted exclusively for collectors
- Reverse depicts Statue of Liberty
Don't let this brilliant San Francisco Mint Proof escape your collection. Buy it now, while supplies last!
- Mint: San Francisco
- Product Type: Single Products
- Presidential Series: Garfield, James A.
- Year: 2011