Following the Statehood quarter series, this Guam issue is the third of six new 2009 quarters honoring the District of Columbia and the U.S. Territories. The Pacific island of Guam, located east of the Philippines, is the southernmost of the Mariana Islands. This coin is layered in gleaming 24K gold thanks to Littleton's artists!
- Honors the U.S. Territory of Guam, ceded to the U.S. by Spain in 1898
- Guam was occupied by Japan for 2 1/2 years during WWII until recaptured in July 1944
- Depicts an outline of the island, a flying proa sailing vessel of the native Chamorro people, and a latte stone used to support island houses
- The inscription translates as "Guam – Land of the Chamorro"
- Plated in precious 24K gold to highlight every detail
Add this stunning gold-plated 2009 Guam quarter to your own collection, or a fantastic gift – order today!
- Product Type: Single Products
- Territories: Guam (2009)
- Presentation: Gold Plated
- Year: 2009
- Material: Gold-Plated