Pearl Harbor, North Africa, Sicily, and D Day – all steps leading to the Allies' WWII victory and honored with this 5-coin set of 90% silver quarters! Each one is still mint Uncirculated, even after 65 years! You'll enjoy these lustrous coins that recall the war years' triumphs and tragedies:
- 1941 – First Willys Jeep rolls off the assembly line, Captain America (icon of freedom & liberty) debuts and Pearl Harbor is attacked.
- 1942 – First "Yanks" land in North Africa and Europe, Japan invades Alaska's Aleutian Islands and gas rationing begins in the U.S.
- 1943 – Casablanca opens to the public, FDR becomes the first U.S. president to travel by plane while in office and Kennedy saves the crew of his PT boat.
- 1944-S – The Allies take Rome, D Day landing occurs, and Smokey the Bear is introduced.
- 1945 – The Big Three (Stalin, Churchill, and FDR) meet in Yalta, Anne Frank dies, and WWII ends with Germany's surrender in May and Japan's in August.
Fill in the missing dates in your collection or celebrate the events of WWII and SAVE off single coin prices with this consecutively dated silver quarters set. Don't wait though; they're sure to go fast!
- Product Type: Sets
- Year: Mixed Years
- Presentation: With Case