Few coins compare to the 3-legged 1937-D Buffalo for desirability and scarcity. Considered a must-have for any Buffalo nickel or Error collection.
- Created during production of the 1937 Buffalo nickels in Denver
- The dies clashed, and usually damaged dies are discarded
- A pressman tried to fix the damage by using an emery board
- Instead of getting rid of the clash marks, he accidentally removed the lowest part of the bison's foreleg
- This resulted in the coveted "3-Legged" variety
Luckily for collectors today, the error was not discovered until after the coins were released. It's one of the best-known and harder-to-find Error coins – especially in better grades. Get yours today.
- Mint: Denver
- Product Type: Single Products
- Year: 1937
- Material: Copper-Nickel