Order today to own "P" and 10 "D" mints of the last 2009 Presidential dollar issue, honoring the 12th president Zachary Taylor (1849-1850).
- During his presidency, Taylor suggested that the newly acquired territories of California and New Mexico apply for statehood, and make their own laws regarding slavery
- When several southern states considered seceeding in protest, Taylor threatened severe suppresion of such a movement
- Ironically, Taylor's son Richard was later a Confederate general in the Civil War
- Mint: Philadelphia, Denver
- Product Type: Sets
- Presidential Series: Taylor, Zachary
- Year: 2009