Following the popular Statehood quarter program, the American Samoa issue is the 4th of six new 2009 quarters honoring the District of Columbia and U.S. Territories.
- All three mint mark coins: "P," "D," and "S"
- Honors the U.S. territory of American Samoa in the South Pacific Ocean
- Came under U.S. sovereignty in 1899 and proclaimed a territory in 1929
- Depicts ava bowl used for ceremonial drink, plus whisk and staff symbolizing the rank of ceremonial orators
- Bears the territory motto which translates as SAMOA, GOD IS FIRST
- Collector-preferred Uncirculated/Proof condition
Add this PDS 2009 American Samoa quarter set to your collection today.
- Mint: Philadelphia, Denver, San Francisco
- Product Type: Sets
- Territories: American Samoa (2009)
- Year: 2009
- Material: Clad