Following the Statehood quarter series, this Guam issue is the third of six new 2009 quarters honoring the District of Columbia and the U.S. Territories. The Pacific island of Guam, located east of the Philippines, is the southernmost of the Mariana Islands.
- Honors the U.S. Territory of Guam, ceded to the U.S. by Spain in 1898
- Guam was occupied by Japan for 2 1/2 years during WWII until recaptured in July 1944
- Depicts an outline of the island, a flying proa sailing vessel of the native Chamorro people, and a latte stone used to support island houses
- The inscription translates as "Guam – Land of the Chamorro"
- Bearing "S" mint mark and struck at the San Francisco Mint
Highlight your collection with this beautiful, top-quality Proof version, order your Guam quarter today!
- Mint: San Francisco
- Product Type: Single Products
- Territories: Guam
- Year: 2009
- Material: Clad