Following the popular Statehood quarter program, the U.S. Virgin Islands quarter is the fifth of six new 2009 quarters honoring the District of Columbia and U.S. Territories. This Philadelphia "P" mint mark coin is in Uncirculated condition.
- Honors United States Virgin Islands – St. Thomas, St. John, St. Croix and minor islands – as a U.S. Territory
- Purchased from Denmark in 1917 and granted U.S. Territory status in 1954
- Depicts the territory's official Bananaquit bird and Yellow Elder flower, as well as a native Tyre Palm Tree
- Bears the territory's official motto UNITED IN PRIDE AND HOPE
- Struck for 2 months, then never again!
Add the "P" mint mark 2009 U.S. Virgin Islands quarter to your collection in mint Uncirculated condition.
- Mint: Philadelphia
- Product Type: Single Products
- Territories: U.S. Virgin Islands (2009)
- Year: 2009
- Material: Clad