Following the Statehood quarter series, this Puerto Rico issue is the second of six new 2009 quarters honoring the District of Columbia and U.S. Territories. The Caribbean island of Puerto Rico, 100 miles long by 35 miles wide, was discovered by Christopher Columbus in 1493.
- Honors the U.S. Territory of Puerto Rico, ceded to the U.S. by Spain in 1898
- Depicts a sentry box on one of San Juan's great walls of stone – built to protect the capital city from attacks by sea
- Pictures a hibiscus flower and inscription ISLA DEL ENCANTO (Isle of Enchantment)
- Bearing "S" mint mark and struck in 90% silver at the San Francisco Mint
Highlight your collection with this beautiful, top-quality 90 % silver Proof version, order your Puerto Rico quarter today!
- Mint: San Francisco
- Product Type: Single Products
- Territories: Puerto Rico (2009)
- Year: 2009
- Material: Silver