Following the Statehood quarter series, this Guam issue is the third of six new 2009 quarters honoring the District of Columbia and the U.S. Territories. The Pacific island of Guam, located east of the Philippines, is the southernmost of the Mariana Islands.
- All three mint mark coins: "P," "D," and "S"
- Honors the U.S. Territory of Guam, ceded to the U.S. by Spain in 1898
- Guam was occupied by Japan for 2 1/2 years during WWII until recaptured in July 1944
- Depicts an outline of the island, a flying proa sailing vessel of the native Chamorro people, and a latte stone used to support island houses
- The inscription translates as “Guam – Land of the Chamorro”
- Collector-preferred Uncirculated/Proof condition
Add this PDS 2009 Guam quarter set to your collection today.
- Mint Mark: Philadelphia, Denver, San Francisco
- Product Type: Sets
- Territories: Guam (2009)
- Year: 2009
- Material: Clad