Following the Statehood quarter series, this Puerto Rico issue is the second of six new 2009 quarters honoring the District of Columbia and U.S. Territories. The Caribbean island of Puerto Rico, 100 miles long by 35 miles wide, was discovered by Christopher Columbus in 1493. This coin is in vibrant color thanks to Littleton's artists!
- Honors the U.S. Territory of Puerto Rico, ceded to the U.S. by Spain in 1898
- Depicts a sentry box on one of San Juan's great walls of stone – built to protect the capital city from attacks by sea
- Pictures a hibiscus flower and inscription ISLA DEL ENCANTO (Isle of Enchantment)
- Enhanced in natural tones and hues
This stunning colorized 2009 Puerto Rico quarter makes a great addition to your own collection, or a fantastic gift – order today!
- Product Type: Single Products
- Territories: Puerto Rico (2009)
- Presentation: Colorized
- Year: 2009
- Material: Clad