Following the Statehood quarter series, this Puerto Rico issue is the second of six new 2009 quarters honoring the District of Columbia and U.S. Territories. The Caribbean island of Puerto Rico, 100 miles long by 35 miles wide, was discovered by Christopher Columbus in 1493.
- All three mint mark coins: "P," "D," and "S"
- Honors the U.S. Territory of Puerto Rico, ceded to the U.S. by Spain in 1898
- Depicts a sentry box on one of San Juan's great walls of stone – built to protect the capital city from attacks by sea Pictures a hibiscus flower and inscription ISLA DEL ENCANTO (Isle of Enchantment)
- Collector-preferred Uncirculated/Proof condition
Add this PDS 2009 Puerto Rico quarter set to your collection today.
- Mint: Philadelphia, Denver, San Francisco
- Product Type: Sets
- Territories: Puerto Rico
- Year: 2009
- Material: Clad