Act now to own the first 2008 Presidential dollar, and fifth issue in this exciting new series! The 2008-S James Monroe "golden" dollar was struck at the San Francisco Mint.
- Honors the 5th U.S. president, James Monroe
- Dramatic image of the Statue of Liberty on reverse
- Historic edge lettering features date of issue, mint mark, and mottoes
- Minted exclusively for collectors, Presidential dollar Proofs are struck for just a short time – then never again!
James Monroe fought with distinction in the Continental Army, served as U.S. senator from Virginia and as U.S. minister to France, as well as two terms as U.S. president from 1817-1824. His 1823 Monroe Doctrine forbade European powers from any further colonization of or interference with independent nations in the Western Hemisphere. Don't let this brilliant San Francisco Mint Proof escape your collection. Buy it now, while supplies last!
- Mint: San Francisco
- Product Type: Single Products
- Presidential Series: Monroe, James
- Year: 2008