Collecting Resources & Links
Here's where you'll find links to additional numismatic organizations, publications, clubs and more to continue your exploration into coin collecting.
- CoinFacts Wiki
- An online encyclopedia of U.S. and World coins with open contribution.
- The Coin Page
- Your best source for high-quality, searchable images available for use by the public.
- Devoted entirely to rare coin and currency news, this site also contains the largest online numismatic video library.
- Coin World
- Published weekly, this magazine is one of the most widely read among collectors of coins and paper money. The website contains useful reference information as well as a free newsletter.
- Krause Publications
- One of the leading publishers of books on coins and paper money, their online bookstore is an invaluable resource for finding the best books on the hobby.
- Mint Error News
- A news website dedicated to the latest errors from the United States Mint and others.
- Numismatic News
- This website offers weekly updates on market trends and U.S. coins and paper money news. The organization publishes several magazines including World Coin News and Banknote Reporter, and is one of the number one collectors' sources for up-to-date information.
Coin & Paper Money Production Facilities
- U.S. Mint
- Created by Congress in 1792, the U.S. Mint is a self-funded agency that produces and distributes all United States coins. With six facilities in Philadelphia, West Point, Fort Knox, Denver, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C., the mint produces between 11-20 billion coins each year.
- Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- The BEP prints all Federal Reserve Notes for the nation's central bank. Founded in 1862, it became the sole producer of all United States currency in 1877 and operates from facilities in Fort Worth, Texas and Washington, D.C.
- British Royal Mint
- Located in South Wales, the mint produces coins and medals for an average of 60 countries around the globe.
- Royal Canadian Mint
- Canada began minting its own coins in 1908 and today the mint produces over 1 billion coins each year.
- Perth Mint
- The Perth Mint in Western Australia served as a branch of Britain's Royal Mint from 1899-1970, and now produces legal tender Proof, numismatic and commemorative coins in silver, gold and platinum for Australia and other countries.
Blogs and Social Networks
- Ancient Coin Collecting
- An informative blog on issues related to the management of "cultural property," including ancient coins.
- Coin Collectors Blog
- Written by a collector of 20th-century coins, this blog covers all periods of coinage from a personal and entertaining point of view.
- Mint News Blog
- This blog provides commentary on the most recent news and releases from the United States Mint.
- Ancient Coins Collectors Guild
- The ACCG is a nonprofit society devoted to the preservation, study and display of ancient coins.
- Carson City Coin Collectors of America
- This coin club focuses on the Carson City Mint and the coins it produced; the site contains a blog, articles and a discussion board about this Nevada mint.
- The ultimate resource for collectors of copper coins, especially helpful for those who collect Lincoln cent die varieties.
- The Liberty Nickel Collector Society
- An online club for collectors of Liberty Nickels, including articles and an online guide.
- A comprehensive and informative website covering Susan B. Anthony, Sacagawea, Presidential and Native American dollar coins.
- Portable Antiquities Scheme
- This website records archaeological objects found in England and Wales by the general public. Learn about fascinating coin discoveries made by people doing regular activities from gardening and walking to using metal detectors.
- Roman Provincial Coinage Online
- An online database of over 13,000 ancient Roman coin types with over 9,000 images, searchable by mints, provinces, emperors, metals, magistrates and iconography.
- The Fitzwilliam Museum
- Search or browse online from the museum's excellent collection of coins and medals.
- The Money Museum
- Covering western currency; browse or search the collection by country, period, and material or take one of their virtual Coin Tours.
- Coin Archives
- This site forms a database of ancient and world coins that have come up for sale at major numismatic auctions.
- Blue Ridge Numismatic Association
- The BRNA began as a regional coin club in the South and has hosted the BRNA Annual Convention for over 50 years; it also publishes the BRNA Journal, available free online.
- California State Numismatic Association
- The CSNA organizes local clubs and meetings as well as conventions, coin shows, and numerous other events for California collectors.
- Central States Numismatic Society
- Founded in 1939, the CSNS caters to 13 Midwestern states but is open to anyone wishing to join.
- Florida United Numismatists
- Host to one of the country's largest coin shows, FUN has been serving Florida collectors since 1955.
- Maryland State Numismatic Association
- Bringing Maryland collectors together since 1972, the MSNA represents member clubs throughout the state.