Discover the history behind two of the earliest U.S. coin denominations – half cents and large cents – with this guide book from Whitman’s best-selling “Official Red Book” series!
- Covers the history of these classic copper coins, made from 1793 into the late 1850s
- This insightful study offers rich historical background and detailed data analysis
- Discover how the history of the developing nation shaped the coins’ designs and production
- Learn how the War of 1812 and other national events effected these coins
- Includes hundreds of full-color images and a careful analysis
- Softcover; 576 pages
Written by Q. David Bowers – the “Dean of American Numismatics” – this volume features an engaging style that makes it a treat for anyone interested in our nation’s early history.
Author: Q. David Bowers
Published by Whitman Publishing
Softcover – 576 pages
- Supplies by Coin Type: Cent Supplies, Books, Videos, Software
- Product Type: Single Products