Act now to own the first 2008 Presidential dollars, and fifth issues in this exciting new series! The 2008-D James Monroe “golden” dollar was struck at the Denver Mint and bears a “D” mint mark upon its edge. Get 10 coins while these briefly minted dollars are available!
- Honors the 5th U.S. president, James Monroe
- Dramatic image of the Statue of Liberty on reverse
- Historic edge lettering features date of issue, mint mark, and mottoes IN GOD WE TRUST and E PLURIBUS UNUM
- Struck at Denver for only about 12 weeks!
James Monroe fought with distinction in the Continental Army, served as U.S. senator from Virginia and as U.S. minister to France, as well as two terms as U.S. president from 1817-1824. His 1823 Monroe Doctrine forbade European powers from any further colonization of or interference with independent nations in the Western Hemisphere.
- Mint Mark: Denver
- Product Type: Sets
- Presidential Series: Monroe, James
- Year: 2008