Since the time of Queen Victoria, Britain’s penny had carried the inscription emperor of india on the obverse. By 1949, India had gained independence and this type was released, stating defender of faith.
- Obverse depicts a portrait of George VI
- Reverse features a seated Britannia
- First of its kind and short-lived
- Lustrous Uncirculated condition
This large bronze penny is the perfect addition to your collection because it’s the first with the new legend and the last type issued under George VI. Recall Britain’s inspiring leader with this Uncirculated 1949 large bronze penny.
- Material: Bronze
- Product Type: Single Products
- Countries: Great Britain
- Year: 1949