This one-year-only Proof silver dollar commemorated the 300th anniversary of Benjamin Franklin’s birth in 1706. Franklin was one of America’s greatest founding fathers, and contributed to his country in a myriad of ways.
- Limited-issue Proof struck in 90% silver to the highest standards of the coinage art
- Honors one of the greatest contributors to American government and culture
- Depicts Ben Franklin and his signature, with dual dates 1706 and 2006
- Reverse features a 1776 Continental Currency dollar recalling his contributions to coinage
Only 142,000 of these handsome Proof silver dollars were struck in 2006, and they celebrate the life of one of America’s foremost contributors. Add this prized one-year-only Proof to your collection today!!
Founding Father Dollar named Most Historically Significant in the 2008 Coin of the Year Awards sponsored by Krause Publication's World Coin News!
- Material: Silver
- Mint Mark: Philadelphia
- Product Type: Single Products
- Commemorative Series: Benjamin Franklin (2006)
- Year: 2006