You can own the first U.S. commemorative coin to honor a branch of the military. This one-year-only 90% silver Proof coin honors the long and faithful service of the U.S. Marine Corps.
- Struck for the 230th anniversary of the Marine Corps established in 1775!
- Obverse depicts Marines raising the U.S. flag on Iwo Jima in 1945
- Reverse bears Marines emblem and motto semper fidelis (“Always Faithful”)
- Mintage raised due to great popularity
For the first time ever, the U.S. Mint raised the mintage limit – from 500,000 to 600,000 – due to an unexpectedly large demand from the public. This spectacular silver Proof will be a great addition to your collection and a superb gift idea!
Winner, Coin of the Year & Best Crown in the 2007 Coin of the Year contest sponsored by Krause Publication's World Coin News!
- Material: Silver
- Mint Mark: Philadelphia
- Product Type: Single Products
- Commemorative Series: Marine Corps 230th Anniversary (2005)
- Year: 2005