Add vibrant color and historical interest to your collection with this exclusive set of Kennedy half dollars enhanced by Littleton’s artists. Pay tribute to the Blue and Gray while honoring famous Civil War battles that pitted brother against brother as Union forces from the North fought Confederate forces from the South.
- 1861 Battle of Fort Sumter – this bombardment and capture of a U.S. fort by Confederate forces started the Civil War.
- 1862 Battle of New Orleans – a surprise attack from the Gulf brought the surrender of this major river port to Union forces.
- 1863 Battle of Chancellorsville – General Robert E. Lee's victory over a much larger Union army resulted in heavy casualties for both sides.
- 1863 Battle of Gettysburg – a devastating 3-day battle that marked the Confederacy’s last full-scale invasion of the North.
- 1863 Battle of Vicksburg – General Grant captured this Mississippi River stronghold and effectively split the Confederacy in two.
- Presentation: Colorized
- Product Type: Sets