From award-winning researcher Michael Moran and gold-coin specialist Jeff Garrett comes a chronicle of the trials and tribulations of the U.S. Mint in the first half of the 19th century.
- Read about the impact that the 1848 discovery of gold in California had upon the U.S. Mint and the nation as a whole
- Includes hundreds of full-color images – some not seen in print for generations!
- Enjoy an engaging narrative that sheds new light and draws fresh new conclusions
- Hardcover; 352 pages
This book is a treasure for the coin collector, the gold investor, and everyone interested in the fascinating history of the United States.
“A fascinating account of the trying period of the California Gold Rush and its effect on the United States. 1849: The Philadelphia Mint Strikes Gold comes with our highest recommendation. We were genuinely impressed with the depth of the research... written in the style of numismatic history at its best.” — Richard G. Kelly & Nancy Oliver, numismatic historians
Author: Michael F. Moran & Jeff Garrett
Published by Whitman Publishing
Hardcover – 352 pages
- Product Type: Single Products
- Supplies by Coin Type: Books, Videos, Software