Naval history comes to life with this powerful “Famous American Warships” set! It includes 10 Kennedy half dollars, each honoring a different warship from our nation’s past:
- USS Constitution – Commissioned in 1797 and nicknamed “Old Ironsides,” this was one of the U.S. Navy’s first frigates.
- USS Chesapeake – Where Commander James Lawrence reportedly cried, “don’t give up the ship!” during the War of 1812.
- USS Niagara – The ship that Oliver Hazard Perry used to ultimately force British surrender during the War of 1812’s Battle of Lake Erie.
- USS Merrimack – Seized by the Confederates during the Civil War, this frigate was converted into an ironclad warship.
- USS Monitor – Built during the Civil War, the Monitor was the Union’s response to the Confederate’s ironclad Merrimack.
- USS Maine – Sank in Cuba’s Havana Harbor in 1898, leading indirectly to the Spanish-American War
- USS Arizona – Following the 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor, the Arizona became a memorial.
- USS Missouri – Japan surrendered on this ship’s deck during WWII.
- USS Enterprise – The world’s first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier entered service in 1960
- USS Nautilus – Launched in 1954, this was the world’s first nuclear-powered submarine.
All ten coins are colorized by Littleton’s artists using a special domed technology – which offers exceptionally detailed, uninterrupted designs. Each piece is encapsulated, and this set comes in a handsome display box with story card. Order now and treat yourself to this exclusive collection!
- Presentation: Colorized